1 All students are expected to have read, understood & agreed to the terms & conditions below. Please ask for help in your own language if you need it.
1.1 All students confirm that they have read, understood & agreed to the terms & conditions below.
1.2 If required, students must obtain a fully comprehensive translation of our Terms and Conditions.
1.3 Students must also refer to the terms and conditions of Hosts International and Britannia Travel when booking accommodation or airport transfers (see http://www.schoolofenglish.org.uk/life-at-lsbf/student-accommodation/).
1.4 Students acknowledge that Hosts International and Britannia Travel are independent of LSBF School of English. Should you choose to use the services of Hosts International and Britannia Travel you will be entering into separate contracts with them. Students must check the terms and conditions of such suppliers prior to booking-as they may be different from LSBF School of English. The LSBF School of English provides the contacts of such suppliers as an value-added service to students, however, we can neither assure nor be held liable for the performance or quality of service of such providers. Please make your own enquiries before entering into any agreements.
2.1 To book a place on the course, students must submit a Deposit payment of 50% of the Total Course Fees.
2.2 ALL DEPOSITS RECEIVED ARE FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF RESERVING THE STUDENTS PLACE ON THE COURSE AND ARE STRICTLY NON REFUNDABLE
3.1 All fees are payable in Pounds Sterling 2 weeks before the start of the course. When paying by Bank transfer, students are advised to allow 5 working days for payment to reach the School.
3.2 Students will not be allowed to start the course if the full fees have not been received by the School 2 weeks prior to the commencement date of the course. In this event, the students place will not be guaranteed and course bookings may be cancelled.
3.3 Where a student’s course bookings have been cancelled under Clause 2,2 the student will not be entitled to a refund of the Deposit or of any additional fees paid.
3.4 Cheques drawn on a UK bank should be made payable to “Accent Language Ltd.” Students must ensure that they write their unique Student ID number on the back of the cheque
3.5 No course confirmations will be sent until the full fees have been received. Students will not receive enrolment letters until full fees have been received.
3.6 Visa Students will NOT be issued with a CAS until full fees are received by the School
3.7 OVERDUE ACCOUNTS: The School reserves the right to charge interest at 10% per annum on overdue amounts, accruing daily from the date that such payments become due.
3.8 INSTALMENT PAYMENT PLAN: The School expects all students to adhere to the terms and conditions of their payment plan, which includes submitting payment on the date it becomes due. A failure to comply with the terms and conditions of your payment plan renders any payment plan ineffective. As a result, the School may bring the payment plan to an end and reserves the right to recover all outstanding fees.
3.9 DEBT RECOVERY: Please note that in relation to overdue amounts, the School also reserves the right to pass this matter to our debt recovery company without further notification to you. This means that your data will be passed to our debt recovery company for further action. For the avoidance of doubt, should your data be passed to our debt recovery company in order to recover any overdue amounts, your liability to pay will be increased by additional fees and charges.
4. Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations (2000):
4.1 Applications made online or over the phone may be cancelled within seven (7) days of the initial application (the cooling off period).
4.2 Where the student chooses to exercise this right to cancel (within the cooling off period), the School must be notified in writing. Cancellations made by phone will not be accepted. Students must preserve evidence of having given the cancellation notice (within the ‘cooling off period’). The deposit and any fees paid will be refunded in full, less an administrative charge of £25. The School must receive notice of cancellation within the 7 days cooling off period.
4.3 WHERE A CAS HAS BEEN ISSUED BEFORE THE END OF THE COOLING OFF PERIOD STUDENTS HAVE NO RIGHT TO CANCEL UNDER CLAUSE 3.1.
4.4 Students are liable for all bank charges and will be billed for such charges on their first day if necessary.
5. Cancellation, Refunds & Deferrals
5.1 No refunds or course transfers are permissible after the Commencement date of the Course (Published date)
5.3 All cancellations must be received in writing at least two weeks before the course start date.
5.4 Where a student has provided notice in accordance with Clause 5.1 Course fees less an administration charge of £150, will be refunded. COURSE FEES DO NOT INCLUDE DEPOSIT PAYMENTS. DEPOSIT PAYMENTS ARE STRICTLY NON REFUNDABLE
5.5 Visa Refusals
5.5.1 Where a student’s Visa application has been refused, an application for a refund must be made two weeks before the start date of the course.
5.5.2 It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that they are able to comply with the notification guidelines prior to making the application. The student acknowledges that where he is unable to notify the School two weeks before the start date of the course, he may not apply for a refund under section 5.4.1. The student is held fully responsible if their visa application has been made late and their LSBF enrolment has already processed.
5.5.3 Where the student has correctly notified the School, the full fees will be refunded less an administrative charge of £150 on production of the following documents: (1) Copy of the VISA refusal letter (APP200) (2) Copy of the student’s passport showing both a photograph and signature; and (3) where the payee was not the student, an original authority letter from the student authorising the repayment to the payee.
5.5.4 IF A STUDENT’S VISA APPLICATION IS REFUSED ON THE GROUNDS THAT THE STUDENT FAILED TO PROVIDE NECESSARY DOCUMENTS, DEMONSTRATE ADEQUATE FINANCIAL SUPPORT, OR FOR OTHER REASONS WHICH THE STUDENT IS ACCOUNTABLE, THE SCHOOL ACCEPTS NO RESPONSIBILITY TO REFUND. THE STUDENT IS HELD RESPONSIBLE IF THE VISA APPLICATION WAS MADE LATE AND THEIR LSBF ENROLLMENT HAS ALREADY BEEN PROCESSED.
5.6.1 Students may defer their place on a course by up to one academic year.
5.6.2 All applications for deferrals must be received by the School at least 30 days before the commencement date of the course (published date). We reserve the right to charge a deferral fee.
6. After arrival:
6.1 I.D. Upon arrival, students must provide appropriate photographic ID (including a Passport or ID card) and a copy of their Visa. The School will take copies of all relevant documents. All information will be stored in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
7. Holiday Policy
7.1 To comply with Tier 4 visa regulations students are allowed a holiday period in accordance with their course duration. A maximum of 4 weeks may be taken at any one time.
7.2 Two weeks’ written notice must be given for all holiday requests.
7.3 The holiday allowances are as follows:
If you are studying between 1 and 6 weeks, you are not allowed to take holidays.
If you are studying between 7 and 12 weeks, you are allowed a total of 1 week’s holiday
If you are studying between 13 and 24 weeks, you are allowed a total of 2 week’s holiday
If you are studying between 25 and 36 weeks, you are allowed a total of 3 weeks’ holiday
If you are studying between 37 and 52 weeks, you are allowed a total of 4 weeks’ holiday
7.4 Students must inform the LSBF School of English academic management team before arrival about the number of weeks they intend to take during your period of study with us. 5
8.1 Students must provide the School with competent explanations for all absences. Any absences of 3 days or longer must be accompanied by a doctor’s certificate.
8.2 The School will notify the Home Office where the student has recurrent unexplained absences. This may affect the Student’s Visa status.
9.1 LSBF School of English reserves the right to change classrooms, teachers, location and daily schedules.
9.2 We reserve the right to close classes & courses that are poorly attended or undersubscribed & offer students alternative courses/schedules to an equivalent value; change published course & accommodation information, including fees
10. Certificates: All students receive a certificate at the end of the course confirming level of study and attendance.
11. Conduct and Behaviour
11.1 Students must at all times comply with the Student Code of Conduct
11.2 The school reserves the right to expel a student without refund in the event of breaching the Student Code of Conduct. The Schools decision is final.
11.3 Students who are found to have cheated on or plagiarized their pre-arrival test risk being expelled and reported to UKBA.
12. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY It is a basic stipulation of the agreement between the student & LSBF School of English or its representatives that neither the School nor its representatives are liable to the student in cases where the school is unable to fulfil any services to which they are contractually bound because of strikes or other reasons that are beyond their reasonable control. As with regards to all our other liabilities, to the extent permitted by law, LSBF, its representatives and connected third parties hereby expressly exclude: all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity; any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any student or prospective student; for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable. This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, or our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law. LSBF limits all liability for losses arising from their negligence (except in the case of liability for death or personal injury), breach of contract or otherwise to the full amounts paid by the relevant student for the particular courses and/or study materials. Except in the case of liability for death and personal injury, LSBF will have no liability for indirect or consequential loss or damage. We accept no responsibility for students’ personal property, and students are strongly advised to take out appropriate insurance.
13. Queries and Complaints: Students must bring any problems to our attention immediately to enable the School to assist. The School does not accept retrospective complaints or queries.
14.Summer English package
– Students are level tested and placed in a class on their first day. The option of morning or afternoon sessions is subject to availability.
– Depending on your level of English, you will choose to study in the morning session or in the afternoon session. Please contact us to confirm your level of English so we can advise you of the applicable session available to you. Students will be placed on the induction day, not before. Availability is subject to the course commencement dates and capacity.
– It is advisable to book the package in advance. Summer accommodation fees are subject to a supplement of £50 between June 30th and September 2nd 2012. The accommodation department shall advise on the options available. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
– The excursions included in the package are included in the package fee. There are additional activities that are not included in the package that require a fee to join. Please check our social calendar for further information.